Notification Helper does not show my custom event.

Fred Hauschel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Added a "active" custom event under System->Advanced->Events: Name: "RfS Approved", Template: "Issue Updated" (Default Mail Template was not available!)

Created a new Workflow "RfS (4-Eye)" with a transition "Approve".

Added a Post Function to transition "Approve" -> "Fire a RfS Approved event that can be processed by the listeners.".

Created a Workflow Schema "4-Eye Workflow Scheme" associated with workflow "RfS (4-Eye)" associated with my project "Infrastructure Sandbox".

"Infrastructure Sandbox" is using "Default Notification Scheme", which is exended for event "RfS Approved" -> Notifications -> Reporter & Single User (me).

If I now create an new issue and start the notification helper from the issue, my event "RfS Approved" is not in the selection list. And if i approve the issue,
there is no notification sended.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fred Hauschel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

ohh man!!

workflow was not published!

2 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2014

Just had this same problem. My custom events did not show up for a week ... then I found you have to go click the link Administration -> Look and Feel -> "Refresh Client Resources".
(I found this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34000)

Lila Linux November 5, 2014

Thank you VERY much :-)

Joe Detjen August 6, 2015

This makes absolutely no sense to me, but it worked!

0 votes
YassineM June 2, 2014

Euuh In My case, the workflow is published but i still not have my custom event in the list of Events (Notification helper)!! Any help please!!!?

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2013

At least the problem was easy to solve! As per the steps you have outlined here, everything should work just fine! Glad to hear it could be solved just by publishing the workflow :)

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events