Not receiving Email from JIRA for a Project

Raj August 28, 2012

We are using Default Notification Schema for a Project and we are not getting email for Issue Creator Etc. I used the Notification Helper and it says that receives notifications for the 'Issue Created' event however the user does not get an email. I also tried creating a new notification schema but still the same issue. Please help as this is happening in production.

2 answers

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Do you know what role the user is in - make sure the role/group/user is mapped to the permission required? Can the user access the project? If the user doesn't have permissions to the project they won't get notified.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Can you confirm that your workflow has the issue created event set to fire during the create step? If the workflow associated with the issues in question was customized (created from scratch or modified from an existing workflow), it is possible that the author could have removed it (I don't know why they would have, but it's possible).

Suggest an answer