Not getting expected notifications

I changed the notification scheme for a project yesterday and I am not getting the notifications as expected.

Further, the Notification Helper tool doesn't recognize the Stories or Subtasks I expected notifications about.

I will attach three screen shots.

The first is the Notification Scheme for the onBoard team. In it you can see that the Project Role Test Engineer (which is me) is to be notified when an Issue is resolved.

The second is an overlay of the project board and the Notification Helper. You can see that Subtask EM-1077 was resolved. But in the helper you can see that I can't select that Subtask to find out what its problem is.

The third shot is the helper trying to look up EM-707. This is the Story, not the Subtask. I did not expect a notification at this time, but I do expect the Helper to find it.

2 answers

1 accepted

So I assume they are working fine as before, but after adding the Project Role: test engineer, you are not receiving notifcations as expected.

Can you check your workflow and see if the "Resolve Issue" transition is firing the correct Resolve event? This may be one of the causes.

Also note that the notification helper isn't capable of searching for subtasks. But it should work fine with the default greenhopper story-type issues. see a screenshot of my instance:

Are you using a custom issue type here?

Daniel, thanks for your help.

So, two things.

1. The Helper Tool isn't finding some of my Stories, as shown in the screen shot. These are standard Stories. It finds some, but not others. Why?

(It is too bad that it doesn't find my subtask.!!)

2. As to whether or not the "Resolve Issue" step is firing the right event, I don't know -- or rather, I don't know where to check. There is a screen shot of the transition's Post Functions and Properties:

Turns out that the "Resolved" notification gets triggered by the transition using the resolve event, not the generic event. I changed that and things started working.

e-mail says:

The following questions of yours are still unresolved

Please consider one of the following actions:

• Accept an answer (click the grey check mark)
  • Answer your own question, then accept your answer (find the 'Answer my own question' link underneath your question)
  • Edit your question for clarification
  • Add a comment for more information from an existing answer
  • Close the question, if it's invalid

Please be a good Answers citizen!

Accepting answers on resolved questions earns you Karma points, and increases the chances that Answers' top contributors will answer your future questions. If your question is still legitimate and you'd like to await further answers, please do!

But as yet there is no answer to accept.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

77 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you