Not able to see start sprint button enabled on the board even though i have permission to manage sprint in permission scheme

Randhir Kumar February 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using Manage Sprints permission for advanced cases

Not able to see start sprint button enabled on the board even though i have permission to manage sprint in permission scheme. I am  mapped as project level adminstrator and this role is mapped in manage sprint in permission scheme. Still i can start/delete sprints. Kindly suggest

2 answers

1 vote
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

You mention in the title that you cannot see the Start Sprint button, yet you then mention in the description that you can still "start/delete sprints"?  I assume the latter is meant to say that you can still create/delete sprints. 

As such, my only assumptions without seeing a screenshot or anything (and assuming that you can in-fact Configure a Board if you tried to), are that :

1. There is already an Active Sprint so there cannot be a second one started.  As such, the option will be disabled on the Backlogs page of the Project.
    1. EDIT: Actually with, I believe, version 6.9+ of JIRA Software/Agile, you can go to Admin > Applications > JIRA Software configuration > enable Parallel Sprints to start more than one sprint per Board at a time
  2. You have no Issues listed in the Sprint yet, and therefore are not able to Start the sprint either until it is populated.

0 votes
Ciaran Muckian February 9, 2017

Hi Geoff, is there a way to enable the start sprint button of a second sprint is the situation got described in point 1 above?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

I believe you meant to write this as a comment to mine and not a new 'answer', but here is my edit:

Actually with, I believe, version 6.9+ of JIRA Software/Agile, you can go to Admin > Applications > JIRA Software configuration > enable Parallel Sprints to start more than one sprint per Board at a time

Suggest an answer