No Incoming Mail option on system

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring JIRA to Receive Email from a POP or IMAP Mail Server

Hi, i don't see incoming mail option on system, i am running (v6.4.4#64019)

1 answer

0 vote

The most likely cause of that is that you are logged in as a JIRA Administrator, rather than a JIRA System Administrator.  Could you check that?  (Look in global permissions for the different groups and check what groups your account is in)

Thanks for the response.  I logged in as admin who is part of 

Ok, so who is set up for the system administration rights?

Isn't this enough?   I still dont see the Incoming mail option

image2016-3-7 21:21:26.png

Yes, that's the right permission.

What happens when you go to admin and type "incoming" into the admin search box?

if i type incoming, nothing gets listed.. Also here is what I see in the menu:

image2016-3-9 0:6:33.png

That suggests that either you are still not a system admin, or that the incoming email facility has been disabled (by command line switch or turning off a module somewhere)

Have a look in the system information page for the command line parameters you're running with and disabled add-ons/modules

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

129 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot