Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News section on Confluence Dashboard

c January 29, 2013

Hi,

we've been using confluence as our companies intranet for a while.

I'm now trying to find a way to display generic news on the confluence dashboard that everybody will see when opening confluence in their browsers. These would be generic news, i.e. they're not linked to a specific topic/space in Confluence.

In addition it should be possible for every user to add news entries to this news section.

Is there a function somewhere in Confluence to do this (maybe I've simply not been able to find it) or is there a module/plugin etc. evaiable to do this? (Found AppFusions Newsticker plugin but it seems that I cannot install it on hosted Confluence and therefor I'm not sure that it does what I required)

Thanks for in advance for your help/input.

Christian

4 answers

1 vote
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Hi Christian!

The dashboard (and most parts of the Confluence UI) are customizable. Some pieces are more easily customizable than others.

Customize the dashboard in Confluence documents some of these ways.

You can also edit the Confluence welcome message in Confluence Admin > General Configuration.

0 votes
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

You may want to try our Custom Dashboards add-on for Confluence, which allows you to replace the default dashboard of Confluence with a custom one defined on a wiki page. There you could use the Blogposts macro or our News Teaser macro to list the most recent news by label. With this solution, other users could easily contribute by just adding a certain label to their important blogposts.

Hope this helps

0 votes
Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

Hi Christian, I am now facing the same challenge! Did you find a solution, if you did can you please share it with me? Thanks Naama

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

Seems that this applies to Atlassian OnDemand, not Download versions - Mis-tagged.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events