Newly installed Atlassian SDK - Jira fails to start, The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started message thrown - how do I fix this?

Installed the Atlassian SDK on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS System 76 notebook with 1.9GB RAM. Unit might need more RAM or there may be some config settings that can fix Jira not starting when I use the URL: http://waltubuntu:2990/jira/

Here is the error that is thrown. I have attached the logs for your review.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)

Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.admin)

Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)

Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Look And Feel Logo Upload Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.lookandfeel)

Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module)

Gadget Spec Publisher Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher)

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)

Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider)

Atlassian OAuth Consumer Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.consumer)

Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)

Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - SAL Plugin (com.atlassian.sal.jira)

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

FOund the answer in Another Question here.

Seems the SDK or perhaps the SAL libraries used by our plugins is incompatible with Java 7 (even tried the latest to no avail).

Download java/jdk 6 (1.6.0_34 is the latest i think) and update your JAVA_HOME variable to point to that location.

Verify the change (requires running consoles to be closed and restarted) by running java -version

Run the sdk as normal and everything should work fine.

That is only one possibility. We need to know more about the setup.

What version of Java and Jira are you using?

Not an answer, if you are working with the user to define his question more please comment on his question. Inflating the answer count makles others less likely to look.

I never had a problem before the latest 4.x SDK. Now I can't get JIRA to run standalone or with my plugin.

Hey, question, do you also see this error when the plugin container first starts?

2013-02-09 15:21:59,997 main ERROR      [atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler] Unable to enable plugin com.atlassian.sal.jira
java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.String; cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

37 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you