Newbie question on moving projects from OnDemand Jira to an in-house Server instance

I am using an Ondemand instance of Jira JIRA v6.3. I have created a project with its own workflow scheme , custom fields, issue type scheme, corresponding Confluence space etc which works fine. Now I need to move this project to another Jira instance which is on an in-house server(not an Ondemand instance) and has a lot of projects. I do not want to lose any of the existing projects. What I understand from the documentation is that if I take a backup of my Ondemand instance and restore it on my server instance, the existing data on my target server will get overwritten. What is the way out for me?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lakshmi,

To import your project from JIRA Cloud (OnDemand) to JIRA Server (standalone), the JIRA Server must be running the latest available version (currently v6.3).

The steps would be the following:

1. Backup your JIRA Cloud Instance.
  2. Import the data into a new JIRA Server 6.3 instance.
  3. Create a new backup from the JIRA Server 6.3, and import your project into your local JIRA Server (which must also be on v6.3).

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

Thanks Danilo, this helps a lot.

This widget could not be displayed.

My target Jira is v6.2

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

69 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you