New agile board not porting existing project tasks

Hello, I'm starting a new sprint and have added all my tasks to a project. I am now going to the Agile menu to start a board, the tutorial suggests using a filter to see tasks for an existing project. However there are not instructions on how to do that. If I go into a task and edit it to say "in progress" I can see the task in the Agile board. However it defaults to the current sprint, not the backlog. If I have it set for "not started', it will not show on the backlog or in the current sprint at all.

Originally I had set up a sprint with the tasks, logged out came back and the even though the board was there, I couldn't view the tasks. I thought the filter was the problem, deleted it and wound up deleting the sprint board. I really don't want to recreate the wheel.

I looked in the help and there wasn't an answer, and couldn't find an answer here as well.

1 answer

Frankly I didn't get the question. The tasks that appear in the board are based on the filter set for the board. If they are already planned for sprints they do no appear in the plan mode.

So what is the filer that you are using? Is the task having already a sprint associated?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

133 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you