New Navigation Bar

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2012

Hi all,

When expoloring JIRA issues or looking a the videos/documentation I noticed a very interesting view that is helping in using different tools/instances..

I personally really like that idea!

Does anyone know is this only internal Atlassian way of switching between apps or this panel will be in the future implemented in all core products?

If this is only an internal way.. (I am guess that it is related to OnDemand) .. How we can achieve the same view? (Or maybe we cannot..)

Thank you for your answers!

Regards,

Mirek

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2012

Hallo Mirek and Nic

The Confluence 5.0 EAP release notes show the plans for the new header in Confluence:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+5.0-m3+EAP+Release+Notes

This comment from a product manager has more information about the plans for JIRA 6.0 and Confluence 5.0:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+5.0-m3+EAP+Release+Notes?focusedCommentId=313458697#comment-313458697

Exciting stuff!

Cheers, Sarah

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2012

Sarah,

Superb news!

Now I am really looking forward to the future

Thank you!

0 votes
Shamil Nunhuck November 24, 2012

I started a discussion about the specific UI a while ago: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/105996/jira-5-2-new-style

The new style and UI is part of Atlassian UI 5.0, which hasn't been released yet but looks very near completion given its roll out.

With regards to specifically switching between instances, I would think that it's an On demand / ecosystem only switcher, but I could be wrong.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2012

It is an OnDemand function, but I understand that Atlassian are thinking of making it available outside OnDemand.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2012

Hi Nic,

This is what I am looking for in the future releases..

Any official news about this? I know that some OnDemand features are (and will not be) available in standard applications..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events