Neeed to develop a plugin in jira for report generation

kanthu kumar July 4, 2012

My requirement is like if you click on our project in home page we get report in that list i need my own plugin after clicking in next page i shld see the project name,affectversion(drop down),fixversion(dropdwon) and after selecting next in third page the report should be generated based on this inputs the report shld have Components,Compelxity,Release,Key,Severity,class etc based on closed status.

please help out how to proceed with this report generation and the report page should also required to download in excel sheet

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

Hi jobin,

In that java file is not like userfriendly i have already gone through this link

The flow of code is not understanable.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2012

I'm afraid that is a very good document to start with developing a report. It's not really possible to simplify it more than that, without handing you code on a plate, and unless someone out there is feeling generous, that's not going to happen.

I suggest you do one of two things:

1) Pay someone to do the work for you

2) Try. Read the doc, follow it through without trying to implement anything you think you need. When you get to the end of it and have a working report, then go back and start changing it to make it do what you want. (Hint here - when I first did it, I stripped down the .vm file to nothing and then rebuilt it to what I needed, adding the java required to support it as I went).

When you get stuck, ask. Most people here are happy to help, as long as you're trying! Asking for someone to do the work for you for free is not "trying".

The problem is that with that three inputs values i.e project name,affectversion(drop down),fixversion(dropdwon) how can i generate the Components,Compelxity,Release,Key,Severity,class etc based on closed status.

In between i want to debug what i am doing is doing change and getting jar file by running atlas-run and every time i am stopping my jira and putting this jar and again starting jira this i am trying to do like trail and error.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2012

I don't understand the question, it's not clear.

"three inputs values" is about the parameters you want to ask your users for when they run the report? If that's correct, then look at the "properties" section in the atlassian-plugin.xml

"how can i generate the Components,Compelxity,Release,Key,Severity,class etc based on closed status" seems to be nonsense to me, I can't begin to guess what you're asking. Put it in context - where are you expecting to see them on-screen, and what has status got to do with it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2012

Seriously, repeating what you said before is NOT explaining it.

I think I was right with the guess that you are talking about the parameters for your report. As I said before, this is handled by the "properties" section in your atlassian-plugin.xml

But, again, what does "following values ... based on closed status" mean? That is completely unclear and meaningless. Please explain, instead of repeating yourself.

kanthu kumar July 5, 2012

Based on above three input values i.e projectname,affectversion(drop down),fixversion(dropdwon) if i click on next the report should genereate and that report should contain the following values Components,Compelxity,Release,Key,Severity,class etc based on closed status. i want to know i sthere any api of getting these custom filed values based on it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2012

ARGH.

That is a filter, it's nothing to do with report parameters, unless you want to define a filter by taking the parameters and processing them through in your code as part of the report.

"Require 30 issues that contain cf parameter" is still complete and utter nonsense.

Can you please take a step back and think this through properly. Tell us the exact behaviour you want from the report based on how ALL the existing ones work.

kanthu kumar July 5, 2012

Thanks for quick response.

i an trying to say for a particaular project say 40 issue among them 30 issues are closed state.i required these 30 issues that conatians the custom field parameter values(Components,Compelxity,Release,Key,Severity,class)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events