Need an upgrade license for Team Calendars 3.0

Rick Herrick January 15, 2013

We currently have a license for version 2.5 of Team Calendars. I requested an upgrade open-source project license for Team Calendars 3.0, but received a license that extended the support period for our 2.5 license and doesn't allow us to upgrade to 3.0. On the Manage Add-ons page, I get this message for the Team Calendars upgrade notice:

This add-on has an available update. However, your current license does not support it. Please buy a new license before proceeding.

Matt Donato directed me to the Team Calendars 3.0 release notes and said if that didn't resolve my issue then I should create a support ticket. So here's my support ticket, although I really think I just need a license that's valid for the 3.0 upgrade.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rick Herrick January 21, 2013

Sorry for not following up, Daniel. I started to create the support request, but then managed to resolve the issue myself. The problem was that the updated license being entered on the Team Calendars configuration page was not getting to the plugin manager itself. I don't know if this was related at all to the issue with the UPM that required downloading the plugin and forcing the update through an upload, but I ran into that as well. Once I'd managed the UPM upgrade, I still had the Team Calendars upgrade problem, so we just restarted the server (probably a Tomcat restart would have sufficed, but it's kind of easier to just reboot the server through VMWare vSphere so that's what we did). After that, the Team Calendars license reflected the updated license key and had enabled the Update button. So, click, boom, Team Calendars 3.0.

Thanks for the help!

3 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Rick,

Did you have a chance to create that support request? I just did a quick look through our support system and did not see anyone matching your name.

I am also not familiar with the error you are citing. I did a quick mockup in one of our test environments and I was able to use an old license without any issue.

My best bet is that it is some type of license mismatch. I.e. you have a commercial license of Confluence and an open source license of team Claendars.

Please go ahead and create that support request. Please try to include a screen shot of the behavior as well as a support.zip with your ticket. That will give us the best picture of your instance. Once that support request is created we can loop sales in to help with getting your the right license.

2 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Hi Rick,

I believe the support ticket he was referring to is on Atlassian's Support System. You can raise a ticket here on the Confluence project. They will be glad to help you. :D

Cheers

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

Pietro,

You are absolutely correct. This is exactly the support system that I was reffering to. Thank you for adding that clarification!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events