Need a way to export our Sprint Planning Board from Greenhopper

Jonathan Avida November 28, 2012

Hi,

My company has been using the new Greenhopper rapid-boards to plan our sprints and future roadmap. We are very happy with it, but we now need to export our roadmap to excel for project planning and compliance reasons. The problem we've been facing is that while the sprint field is populated by Greenhopper for active and past sprints, and thus available for querying in JQL and also exportable, for future sprints the sprint field remains empty.

This is a very high-priority issue for us, and we'd really appreciate your help here. I realize that this might be functionality not yet offered by the tool, but even a patch or workaround would be great.

1 answer

1 vote
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

Hey Jonathan,

I think there are a couple of things here:

1. There is no sprint ID currently in existence for future sprints as they can change in order and contents. Thus, this is currently impossible. Even if you were to access the DB directly.
  2. If you would like to see something added for this, I recommend that you file a feature request at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS I have spoken to the PMM for GreenHopper and he said that this will likely happen sometime next year at the earliest.
Ganesh Vishwanath December 4, 2012

Hi Boris,

In Scrum Board there are quick filters which provides the view of each sprint, current and future. How can we export that into excel or text format.

If the quick filters can pull the data from your database, we should be able to do the same given access to the DB or from filters.

Let me know if we need to talk over the phone.

Regards,
Ganesh.

I have uploaded the image, you will see "Magpie xxx", "Cookie Clone-Wars xxx", etc. We want to be able to import these data by sprint.

i hope the image is uploaded.... idon't see it here.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Hey Ganesh,

Can you provide a screenshot of the screen with an outline showing me the parts you want to export?

Cheers,
Boris

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

Hey Ganesh,

I do not see the image. Can you upload it to imgur.com and link it?

Cheers,
Boris

Ganesh Vishwanath January 6, 2013

This has been more than a month and not heard from you. Any update on this issue?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Hey Ganesh,

There is no good way to get that data. There is a feature request for this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6961

You can try and access it via the DB, but I don't know the best way to do this as GreenHopper uses a relational rank system which includes the sprint markers as a part of it.

Cheers,
Boris

Suggest an answer