Need a plugin to help manager License seats

Elli Vandegrift July 31, 2013

Hi!

I am in need of some guidance regarding license management. We are a growing company and continously are getting close to hitting our license limit.

We host Confluence and JIRA locally and have it connected to our active directory. Some team members only access one tool or another, other team members need access to both.

This issue is, with our current set-up in order for use to give access to employees to both JIRA and Confluence, they must be part of the jira-user group. Thus takes up seats in our JIRA license.

We need to add some external members outside of active directory to JIRA. Is there a plugin or a way to better manage this and separately controll the JIRA and Confleunce seats?

Help!

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2013

It's not really a limitation of your licence, it's the way you've set it up.

At the most basic level, it sounds like you need a simple split. Have a group for jira-users, and a second for confluence-users. Then you can provision each user for neither system, one, or both.

0 votes
Elli Vandegrift August 5, 2013

After researching into it more, I believe this is a limitation of our current license and structure.

0 votes
Remigiusz Jackowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Hello,

It was a while since I've used it, but AFAIR Atlassian Crowd allowed you to manage users / licences the way you want. You can check it here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/crowd/overview/key-features

Be aware that Crowd uses weird user counting method. If User X has access to JIRA, he counts as one user. If User Y has access to JIRA and Confluence, he counts as two users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events