would you please help me to install Confleunce plugin on JIRA v6.4.9

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

Confluence add-ons don't work in JIRA (with a couple of exceptions for very generalised add-on) - they're two different systems doing different things, and have very different APIs

Could you tell us which add-on it is, and what you are trying to achieve?

Ashkan Farhangmehr August 23, 2016

thank you very much for your quick respons ,I thought the confluence is a plugin like service desk .actually we are a company that work on a mobile application product, and we want have a product that can archive and documentary all of our document for example payment documents,that can access all document in a central server .becuase we have already JIRA for our business and work flow so we think that deploy a product that can integrate with our jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

At the last Summit I had a jokey conversation with an Atlassian about re-branding Confluence as "Wiki for JIRA" and doing it as an application wink

It's not though, Confluence is a standalone server product, not an add-on.  It integrates well with JIRA, of course, but it is separate.  I'd still recommend that you have a look at it, as it's good at what it does, and better when used alongside other Atlassian stuff.  I've essentially thrown away all the tools I've used in the past for writing, and do everything in Confluence.

0 votes
Ashkan Farhangmehr August 26, 2016

Dear Support team

my JIRA version is 6.4,can i install confluence last version (5.10) and connect to JIRA 6.4 version with out any problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2016

Yes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events