Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCover Reporting in Bamboo

Benjamin Rice January 3, 2012

So Bamboo Reporting allows me to select NCover reports as a custom report type, but all the documentation says about NCover anywhere is "DO not select this ['NCover Output will be produced'] option" in "Configuring Miscellaneous Settings for a Job". So has anyone out there implemented NCOver with a Bamboo build? Did you do it by adding it as a task in your MSBuild (or NAnt) script? We are movign from CCNet and had CCNet run NCover as a task. I don't see that anyone has done a plugin for NCover for Bamboo yet, so thinking that we will need to run it as the MSBuild task (or find a bunch of extra time to create our own plugin).

3 answers

1 vote
Russell Hinson January 3, 2012

Understood and thanks for the detailed update.

Regarding the Line Rate Coverage, see the link below for some relevant info:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/19807/ncover-calculation-is-not-correct?sort=votes

Maybe Atlassian has modifed this report, as it seems it was of limited usefulness before, but now it seems there may be another problem. I couldn't find details of how this issue was resolved.

1 vote
Russell Hinson January 3, 2012

Hi benrice,

Recently, an NCover customer who was using Bamboo figured out how to display an NCover report by trial-and-error and ingenuity -- as you observed, the Bamboo documentation isn't much help, and NCover doesn't offer a plug-in, so he figured it out on his own.

Based on the steps he described to me, I put together a short knowledge base article that may help you:

http://docs.ncover.com/kb/displaying-ncover-results-in-bamboo/

Best regards,

NCover Support

Benjamin Rice January 3, 2012

I'm not sure what version of Bamboo that user used, but Command is not an option one can select in the Miscellaneous configuration of the job in Bamboo 3.4.1. However, I could point that configuration option to an NCover coverage.xml file. I then created a Command task in the job to be run after my build task. I set NCover.Console to the executable to be run and give it the parameters to run MSTest: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe" /testcontainer:.\ProjectTests\bin\debug\ProjectTests.dll // .\coverage\coverage.xml

That works to create my coverage file in the place I specified in the job's miscellaneous configuration. After running the build I can see the results when I go to Project > Plan >Build #> Job in the NCover tab that now appears. However, if I go to Project > Plan > Job (without the specific build) there is also an NCover tab that shows 'Line Rate Coverage' and a broken image, which I assume should be the coverage graph. Also, if I go to Reports and select NCover Code Coverage for the given plan no data is returned.

Daniel Turner February 28, 2012

Same problem here benrice, did you ever end up getting this working?

This is the nant call that I am using:

<ncover program="${tools.NCover.Console.exe}"
testRunnerExe="${tools.nunit-console.exe}"
testRunnerArgs="${source.directory}\${solution.name}.sln /xml=${results.directory}\unit\${solution.name}.xml"
coverageFile="${results.directory}\cover\xml\coverage.xml"
htmlReportDir="${results.directory}\cover\html"
includeAssemblies="${solution.name}.*"
excludeAssemblies=".*Tests.*;QTAgent32;">
</ncover>

(testRunnerArgs are actually on one line, Atlassian Answers has dropped it over two)

I can see this correctly gives me a coverage xml file at "\testresults\cover\xml\coverage.xml"

I then have the plan configured with "NCover output will be produced" ticked, and the directory as "testresults\cover\xml".

This results in a broken image for Line Rate Coverage for me too.

0 votes
Benjamin Rice February 28, 2012

Dan,

I did not get that working. I ended up copying off the NCover reporting html files as artifacts, and the team can view them from there. I didn't work on getting trending to work at all though.

Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events