My re-indexing options for projects and for full system in jira are missing now. I need help.

Amy Jones July 31, 2017

My re-indexing options for projects and for full system in jira are missing now. I need help. Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be due to installing an add on? I really need help with this.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Did you install or upgrade an add-on?   Could someone have downgraded your rights?  Are you on Cloud?

Amy Jones July 31, 2017

I installed and then uninstalled some add ons. I am an admin on a Cloud version. I checked my permissions and still in all the admin groups.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Yes, it's gone away in recent version of Cloud.

0 votes
LeKisha Boswell January 8, 2018

The function was removed in Atlassian's recent release. With the new JIRA experience all JIRA Software Cloud instances will do an auto reindex without any effort from the user.

0 votes
Amy Jones July 31, 2017

I was told the functionality was removed in the last release.

Silvia Mendez October 26, 2017

Great. Just when I need it :-(

0 votes
Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

Hey Amy,

try this for JIRA full system re-indexing:

https://YOURDOMAIN/secure/admin/IndexAdmin.jspa

/kr

Semi

Amy Jones July 31, 2017

I tried the above link with my domain and received the following message:
"Indexing is not required in this version of JIRA"

So I am wondering if the option was removed last week. I noticed it gone near the end of the week.

Suggest an answer