Multiple community problems today

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

Something seems to have gone very wrong today.

• The last email I had from community was at 6:19 BST
  • The last notification in the box is from around the same time
  • It's taking 1-2 minutes to post, so duplicates are appearing because you hit the button again when it appears to be doing nothing
  • Every second post I'm making is met with 'this looks like spam', even though they are being posted, and because of the posting lag, you don't know that it has posted before you try to remove all the things that might be offending it.  (Which now appears to be any form of double quotes)

Also, last week, the emails changed behaviour from sending me mail when there was a new topic and on anything I was watching to just sending me mail on all posts on everything (replies and comments on questions I was not watching)

2 answers

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Thanks for the detailed report Nic. Unfortunately there are a few things going on:

• There is a known email issue since our last platform version upgrade. I've created a public Jira ticket which we will use to post updates.
  • Regarding items #3 and #4: Earlier today, the platform was experiencing latency issues when posting. This was reported at 12:26 UTC and resolved at 14:47 UTC. The spam flag was likely triggered from duplicate content being submitted repeatedly.
  • Regarding double-quotes: this might be due to the latency issues earlier. Have you been able to use double-quotes at all?

Thanks for your patience as we get these sorted out.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

Thanks for the update Tyler, it sprung back into life on three points at about 14:30 BST.  I was still finding the spam trap a little over-enthusiastic about double quotes for a couple of hours afterwards, but that's gone back now.

But the emails seemed to have stopped again.  I'll go update the issue instead of rambling here!

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

The latency issues have appeared again unfortunately. We will post updates once it has been resolved.

Thanks for sending us your feedback :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2017

I don't expect this sample to be a lot of help, but yes, the double-quote = spam problem surfaced again (not while there were latency issues as far as I could tell).  I snapshotted one that was a great example - with quotes, it was rejected three times.  Without them around "events", it sailed through.

-----

That is broadly correct.  A listener picks up "events", and the events in Jira (which are triggered by activity of varying sorts) contain a pile of information about what triggered it.  They're independent of each other, so any given execution of a listener is based entirely on the data in its own event.

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2017

Thank you.. I'm going to look at the logs for that specific issue. There was another minor latency issue that happened again today at Oct 11, 18:58 UTC and was resolved at Oct 11, 21:03 UTC. Regardless, will look into your issue ASAP.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2017

This is where I miss the "upvote comment" function ;-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2017

... and emojis by simple text, despite only knowing about four...

0 votes
pb
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2017

Thanks, Nic - checking on this now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events