Multiple Projects and Clients - I need to restrict their project view/access

Adam Grace February 28, 2013

Hi all,

I recently setup an OnDemand version of JIRA (and Confluence).

I work for a games publisher, and we have numerous projects and developers that work for us. I need to have all these projects in JIRA and Confluence, that are freely accessible for people who work in my company, but restricted access to our partners so that they can only view their own content (projects).

I set this up initially like you can see in the attachment, but I'm told by some developers that they can see the other projects.

How can I rectify this?

Thanks

Adam

2 answers

0 votes

This is now sorted. I needed to remove the "Project Role: Users" from some of the projects. That allowed them to see some other projects.

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

One of your developer groups has the browse projects permission... that is why they can view the projects and issues within it...

What you gotta do is to remove the developer groups from "Browse Projects" permissions of the projects that you dont want them to see.

I tried that. They then said they couldn't view any projects at all, including theirs.

Also, this example permission scheme is of a project that the developer listed within is a part of. I only associate the developer that the developing the project. I don't know why they should be able to see all the other projects if they're not associated to them within the permissions scheme.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2013

Somehow, the other projects are configured to allow that developer "browse" rights.

First, look at the developer's profile, and note what groups they are in.

Secondly, go to the project that they should not be seeing and read it's permission scheme for the BROWSE line. Check that against the developers roles and groups, and see if they match any of the other settings on the Browse line (e.g. assignee) The most common culprit here is that the group "jira users" is included.

I think I solved it (testing at the moment). There was a "project role: Users". These memebers could see other projects. I'm checking they can't see each project now. So far so good.

Suggest an answer