Multi level cascading (4 level) not showing data in edit screen

suryavani bhallamudi August 2, 2012

I created a multi level cascading(4 level) which is not storing values from create screen into edit page.

Can you plz help ?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2012

I don't know what plugin you are using, so I can't point you at the documentation. I suggest you look around the area you found it?

Location and name of your log file is shown to you on the admin -> system information page in Jira.

0 votes

The version i am using is 4.4.3 version. However i am not sure about the documentation and lod file can you help where exactly i need to check

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2012

Not really, you've not given us any detail. You created the field, so it's your code, and your config, which you haven't shared here, and you've not told us what happens in any detail, or most importantly, what your log file says is happening/going-wrong.

plz check the comment attached

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2012

Ok. Looks like the plugin is broken. Are you using the right version for your version of Jira? Have you checked the documentation for the plugin? What does your log file say?

Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

I too am facing a similar problem, I am trying to update this field from the Java code, like so (assume other parameters are rightly picked : newCustomField.updateValue(fieldLayoutItem, issue, new ModifiedValue(params, newValues), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder()); Would really appreciate any help here. The plugin used is Multi-Level Cascading Select Whats happening is in the view issue screen, I can see my update, but if I hit edit issue, the field is shown blank.

Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

Note for my comment above, additionally, the log files are not showing anything and it gives an impression that everything went well.

Suggest an answer