Moving issues screen: is there a way to control the order of fileds on the screen ?

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi,

I looked in the documentation and on the Internet and I could not find anything on the moving issues screen. Is there a way to order the fields or are they appearring randommly ?

One of my project demands that we move regularly issues from one issue type to another and our mandatory fields are all over the place. I would like to regroup those fields at the top of the screen. For what I know I don't think this is possible but hey, you never know :)

Thanks for any help.

Carmen

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2012

Hi,

I've made some tests here but couldn't manage to reorder those fields.

I don't believe that is possible currently.

Regards,

Marcus

Julia Gracia Sancha February 13, 2020

Hi @Marcus Silveira , any improvement with this or an open ticket i can follow?

Like Carmen Nadeau likes this
0 votes
Jeffrey Gordon March 19, 2021

So the answer to the original question is "no, you cannot control the order".  Furthermore, you can't control which fields actually are shown on the screen OR ensure they follow your business rules like you can on the Create and Edit screens.  It appears that Jira simply displays all fields that are in context for the issue type.  As an example, we have a field that is ONLY on a screen used during a single transition.  And we only want users to enter/select values for that field during the transition.  Unfortunately Jira allows them to do it when they Move an issue AND (worse IMO) when doing a Bulk Edit.  I doubt you could count the number of tickets about this that Atlassian has closed as "Will Not Fix" using both hands and feet.

0 votes
Himanshu Mundra December 18, 2013

But that doesn't help in deciding order when you try for move the issue

0 votes
Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2012

Hi,

The screen configuration page allows you to define what fields and in what order these fields will be displayed in the screen.

If you are using Jira OnDemand, you can find this in the Jira documentation in the link below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen

if you are using Jira Standalone 5.1.x, you can find this in the Jira documentation in the link below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Defining+a+Screen

Stephan Vos April 17, 2019

Yes classic case of stating the obvious and not bothering to actually read the problem statement properly. Then you would have noticed that the order of fields on workflow screens having absolutely nothing to do with the order of fields on Move Issue screen.

Order seems to be in which custom fields were created (ID sequence).

Like Jakub Strus likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events