It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moving an existing Story to be a sub-task for an Epic

Hello,

I have an existing story(STORY-A) in a project. This story has sub-tasks of type Technical Tasks (TECHTASK-1, TECHTASK-2, TECHTASK-3). I have an epic (EPIC-A) which currently has Technical Tasks (TECHTASK-A, TECHTASK-B). I would like to move STORY-A to be a sub-task under EPIC-A.

After I move, I would like the hierarchy to look like

1. EPIC-A
    • STORY-A
      • TECHTASK-1
      • TECHTASK-2
      • TESCHTASK-3
    • TECHTASK-A
    • TECHTASK-B

I would like to know what admin settings are needed from the Issue Type or schema settings are needed on the GreenHopper side to setup something like this.

Thanks and regards,
Vinay

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
You can use epic labels in GH to group stories, tasks or whatever under an epic.
If i understand that right you want to convert a story with own sub-tasks into a subtadk itself. That wont work cause the existing subtasks won't become sub-subtasks.

Thanks, this helps. So GreenHopper can have only 2 levels at the max at any given point.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

Remember that time you realized it was possible to refresh your Jira data in Google sheets with just one click? What if we told you that you can now get the latest data with no clicks at all?! Zero! ...

172 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you