Moving an existing Story to be a sub-task for an Epic

Vinay Hosamane November 27, 2012

Hello,

I have an existing story(STORY-A) in a project. This story has sub-tasks of type Technical Tasks (TECHTASK-1, TECHTASK-2, TECHTASK-3). I have an epic (EPIC-A) which currently has Technical Tasks (TECHTASK-A, TECHTASK-B). I would like to move STORY-A to be a sub-task under EPIC-A.

After I move, I would like the hierarchy to look like

1. EPIC-A
    • STORY-A
      • TECHTASK-1
      • TECHTASK-2
      • TESCHTASK-3
    • TECHTASK-A
    • TECHTASK-B

I would like to know what admin settings are needed from the Issue Type or schema settings are needed on the GreenHopper side to setup something like this.

Thanks and regards,
Vinay

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012
You can use epic labels in GH to group stories, tasks or whatever under an epic.
0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012
If i understand that right you want to convert a story with own sub-tasks into a subtadk itself. That wont work cause the existing subtasks won't become sub-subtasks.
Vinay Hosamane November 27, 2012

Thanks, this helps. So GreenHopper can have only 2 levels at the max at any given point.

Suggest an answer