Move/copy test cycles from one project to another

I'm seeing a lot of requests for this feature, and the last word about it in the forums, seems to be almost a year old. Is it possible to do this in Jira? I tried exporting a test cycle to Excel, and then use the Zephyr import Tool. This doesn't Work at all.

Then, I hear talk about cloning a test cycle, and then use the "JIRA Move option", which is supposed to be somewhere. Can someone explain to me where it is, and exactly how to use it for this purpose?

Moving/copying test cycles between Projects should be possible and easy to do, and it is beyond me that it isn't.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Oh well, I figured out how to do option 2:

"Then, I hear talk about cloning a test cycle, and then use the "JIRA Move option", which is supposed to be somewhere. Can someone explain to me where it is, and exactly how to use it for this purpose?"

Guess what?

It doesn't work. You get a dialog box in the form of an error, which is ridiculous:

"The following just happened: 
Executions Copied:  

These Executions could not be added 
Invalid: - 
Belongs to another project:18731,18730,18729,18728,18727,18726,18725,18724,18723,18722,18721,18720,18719,18718,18717,18716,18715,18714,18713,18712 
Already present in this Test Cycle: 

"

This is certainly a lack of design and should be escalated to the feature level.

I created a thread for it here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15827235

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

160 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you