Modifying the monospace formatting option?

Jim July 14, 2013
1. Nobody in my company uses the monospace option on the drop-down formatting menu. 2. Lots of my users have requested a simpler way of rendering code (the code macros are too fiddly). Is it possible for me to modify the monospace option to look more like code, maybe with CSS magic? Maybe even just to add some gray background to it to make it stand out? Can that be done? What users want is to be able to select text and then using a drop-down list change it into code, in the same way you would make text italic by selecting it and choosing Italics from the Formatting drop-down menu. Anyone?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jim July 18, 2013
No, I meant the Monospace option under the More drop-down menu, but your solution works there too, slightly modified. In the Custom HTML, for Monospace (which shows up as code ): <style> code { background-color:lightgray; border:1px dotted black; font-size:100%} } </style> Totally works. Thanks Jonathan.
0 votes
Jim July 18, 2013
fhyukf ñoujlujl
0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

I don't see a "monospace option" per se -- you mean the "Preformatted" option, right?

That outputs the <pre> tag, and you can style that with CSS.

You could add this to the Custom HTML part of the layout, or add it directly to the layout..

<style>

pre{background-color:lightgray}

</style>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events