Migration from GreenHopper Classic to Rapid Board

Is migration from GreenHopper Classic to Rapid Board a (critical) topic for you? Any comment / feedback welcome on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6754 and linked issues.

2 answers

It's a issue that we wil hopefuly follow naturally in the next release. It will have to be a new project because of the complete reorg in chnaging form fixVersion to the new Sprint to organise Stories. Changing mid project is not an option. My feeling is that the classic boards have been depricated a little early but I can understand why Atlassian have done it. The functionality of the RapidBoard is good now but it#s misinsg a number of things which one got for free with the classic boards, hopefully ot will continue to improve at a fast pass and bring some of thise missing issues back.

See GreenHopper: most voted requests

the link does not work

Excuse me, I thought that was auto shared, not sure if saved filters on jira issue tracker are shareable.

Here is the JQL and top voted features:

I really wonder why changing mid-project is not an option. Most people who want to do this DID use the version that represented a sprint. Why can't you just change this version to migrate into the next rapid board sprint field?

If you keeping out your current projects, you probably miss more than 50% of your current user. Shouldn't atlassian rather care about the current user more than the new ones?

Thx

Stefan

Did you mean that as a comment on my answer? I did not intend to hiJack the OPs question.

The project I am referring to has a big backlog organised around fixVersion and has very deep into the release. We monitor the release burndown through the chart board, all organised through fixVersion. Switching to the new now is not a feasible option at all.

Miss 50% of current user, what do you mean?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

44 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you