Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from a hosted site to an installed site

Joseph DeFanti December 12, 2012

I see that in migrating from a hosted instance to an installed instance, all data can be migrated both for Confluence and JIRA. However, reading this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+wiki+data

I see that in the Notes section,

Cross-application links point back to your OnDemandsite

If your source OnDemand site has more than Confluence, the cross-application links in the OnDemand site , e.g. links to a source file page or to a JIRA issue from wiki pages, will point back to the corresponding OnDemand location after the import.

If we were to launch using hosted Confluence and JIRA and later wanted to migrate to installed Confluence and JIRA, how would we fix the cross-application links such that they pointed to the new installed site locations?

Thanks,

-Jad DeFanti

jad@tout.com

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Those links can be removed in DB and recreated to point to the new local instances. Please open a ticket with support for this.

Joseph DeFanti December 20, 2012

The original posting is an artifact of my opening a ticket with support. Here is the answer I received:

"The applinks can be edited or removed in the Jira Admin section once your data is imported."

My question has been answered to my satisfaction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events