Migrate old versions of Confluence, 2.X.X to version 4.3.5

Frank Gutierrez January 9, 2013

We have old version of Confluence that we would like to migrate over to version 4.3.5

3 answers

2 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Hi Frank,

To clarify the previous Answers the intermediary version between 2.x.x to 4.3.5 is as describe below:

2.x.x >> 2.7.4 >> 3.5.17 >> 4.3.x

The above intermediary version is necessary to differentiate each major migration in between Confluence release so that it would be easier to troubleshoot if there are any issue occurred during the upgrade process.

Also, please ensure that you backup your instance before any upgrade try so that you have a good checkpoint as a safety precaution.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hi

Have a look at the confluence upgrade guide

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

Please note that you may not achieve a big jump at one go. There is an intermediate upgrade at 3.X.

Rahul

0 votes
Frank Gutierrez January 17, 2013

Thanks for the replies. I'm currently ensuring my backups are 100% before I go further. Anyone have an estimated time on how long each upgrade lasts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events