Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from Ondemand to Download version

Rainer Friedl September 19, 2012

Hello,

I have to migrate some spaces from Ondemand Confluence to the download version. I am aware that I need the same major version to do so.

However, ondemand version is already on version 5.0 - but download is available for v4.3 only.

How can I solve this kind of "hen-egg-problem"?

Thank you in advance

Rainer

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

Hello Rainer,

I'm afraid that the only way to fix this problem is importing your Confluence spaces straight on Confluence 5.0. You can download Confluence 5.0-OD-7 from Early Access Program here. Hence, I also found this OnDemand KB that describes the inverse way that you want to perform -- however I believe that it may help you anyway.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes
Rainer Friedl September 20, 2012

Hi Harry,

thanks for the quick answer. Migration worked perfectly with the Upgrade.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

Hi Rainer,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+from+Confluence+OnDemand+to+a+Confluence+Installed+Site - this documentation described how to migrate from Confluence OnDemand to Confluence download version. It gives you the exact instructions you will need.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events