Migrate from Ondemand to Download version

I have to migrate some spaces from Ondemand Confluence to the download version. I am aware that I need the same major version to do so.

However, ondemand version is already on version 5.0 - but download is available for v4.3 only.

How can I solve this kind of "hen-egg-problem"?

Thank you in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

Hello Rainer,

I'm afraid that the only way to fix this problem is importing your Confluence spaces straight on Confluence 5.0. You can download Confluence 5.0-OD-7 from Early Access Program here. Hence, I also found this OnDemand KB that describes the inverse way that you want to perform -- however I believe that it may help you anyway.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Hi Rainer,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+from+Confluence+OnDemand+to+a+Confluence+Installed+Site - this documentation described how to migrate from Confluence OnDemand to Confluence download version. It gives you the exact instructions you will need.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi Harry,

thanks for the quick answer. Migration worked perfectly with the Upgrade.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

285 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot