Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maven 3, Tycho, and Clover.

Benjamin Gnau July 4, 2011

Hello, we are using Maven 3 in conjunction with the Tycho plugin to build our projects and were looking to add Clover coverage. I've already enabled the maven-clover2-plugin in the POM file and have already done much configuration trying to get Clover to even recognize what tests need to be ran, however, I still don't think the instrumentation goal is doing what I'd like as when the reports are generated, it shows 0% coverage on every project.

The initial database is being created, and no errors are being thrown, so I'm at a loss. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2012

Hi Benjamin,

I have made some tests in the meantime and it seems that Clover integration with Tycho is not so straightforward. The main reason is that Tycho plugin relies on configuration from Eclipse files (build.properties for example) instead of standard Maven settings. As a consequence, when Clover instruments sources in the 'process-sources' build phase and puts them into 'target/src-instrumented' directory, this new source location is being ignored by Tycho plugin, which takes sources from the original location (typically from '<module>/src').

However, there is a workaround possible. Not an ideal solution, but works. Please have a look at this new manual:

In addition, I've raised an improvement request to make this integration seamless in future:

so that you can track progress there.

Regards
Marek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events