Markup for image keeps replicating "%"

Amy Wilkinson-Tough July 3, 2013

I'm using Confluence 3.5.

I have displayed a couple of images within a panel.

The pictures display and behave as I'd wish them to However, every time the wiki is edited and saved it doubles the number of "%" within the code.

For example when I first wrote it, it said:

!Admissions Team Structure.jpg|width=50%!

I saved it. When I went back in it was

!Admissions Team Structure.jpg|width=50%%!

The next time...

!Admissions Team Structure.jpg|width=50%%%%!

On its own, not a massive problem but there are 20 people adding to the content frequently and the percentage points appear to double upon each save so we're getting to a point where I have to regularly log in and delete the superfluous ones from the two images otherwise users have to scroll for ages to get to the genuine content in the Markup Editor.

I really need to use a percentage rather than a defined pixel width as we often work in split screen and it prevents the pictures from forcing the columns to be wider than the width of the browser, thus forcing us to scroll to read the information.

Is it me? What's going wrong and how can I stop it?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

It might be difficult to find an answer to your question since it only applies to an old version of confluence. In the current version image inclusion was completely reworked.

0 votes
Amy Wilkinson-Tough July 17, 2013

Well since it seems it's not possible I'll give up. Thanks Steffen.

0 votes
Amy Wilkinson-Tough July 11, 2013

Is there any other code I could use that would achieve the same functions without this ridiculous duplicating of "%"?

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

All I can say is that we had the same behaviour when we used the old confluence version and we couldn't find a solution for it. So I also ended up deleting % every now and then.

One thing must be considered: I think the superfluous % do not only bloat up the markup but also deactivate the whole function. When I set an image to "width=50%" and it became "width=50%%%%" after a while the size with which it was shown was 100% again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events