Mantis import into JIRA fails with NPE

I try to import projects from Mantis. Some of them get imported fine, but one fails (at the first step) with an NPE:

2013-04-22 18:07:07,695 INFO - Importing: Issues
2013-04-22 18:07:07,695 INFO - ------------------------------
2013-04-22 18:07:07,695 INFO - Only new items will be imported
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 INFO - ------------------------------
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 INFO - Finished Importing : Issues
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 INFO - ------------------------------
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 ERROR - Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data maybe in an unstable state
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.oro.text.regex.Util.substitute(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.RegexpUtils.replaceAll(RegexpUtils.java:39)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.transformer.IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.escapeMantisString(IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.java:191)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.transformer.IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.transform(IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.java:76)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.transformer.IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.transform(IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.java:37)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.web.JdbcConnection.queryDb(JdbcConnection.java:164)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.web.JdbcConnection.queryDb(JdbcConnection.java:146)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.MantisDataBean.getIssuesIterator(MantisDataBean.java:81)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.importIssues(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:741)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.doImport(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:354)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:27)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:16)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:366)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:61)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.juc.MultiTenantExecutors$WrappedRunnable.run(MultiTenantExecutors.java:160)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:249)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
2013-04-22 18:07:23,115 INFO - No issues need to be reindexed.

No issue gets imported. I can guess that there is some text somewhere in mantis that doesn't suit the escaper, but I can't get further.

Any idea of where I can get more info ? A fix ?

Best,

-- Hugues

2 answers

0 votes
Yilin Mo Atlassian Team Apr 23, 2013

Please be aware that : JIRA Importers plugin is compatible with Mantis versions 1.1.8 to 1.2.8.

You can go to the page "Administration >> Logging & Profiling " then add the package "com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer" with the debug level and enable the SQL dump log, try again to check whether you can get more information about the issue?

Also, I would like to encourage you open a support ticket that we can help you qucikly move forward.

Thanks Yilin,

My Mantis version is 1.2.8. Ticket is opened at support desk. I will keep you informed on what happens next.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

152 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you