It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Mantis import into JIRA fails with NPE

I try to import projects from Mantis. Some of them get imported fine, but one fails (at the first step) with an NPE:

2013-04-22 18:07:07,695 INFO - Importing: Issues
2013-04-22 18:07:07,695 INFO - ------------------------------
2013-04-22 18:07:07,695 INFO - Only new items will be imported
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 INFO - ------------------------------
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 INFO - Finished Importing : Issues
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 INFO - ------------------------------
2013-04-22 18:07:23,112 ERROR - Unexpected failure occurred. Importer will stop immediately. Data maybe in an unstable state
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.oro.text.regex.Util.substitute(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.RegexpUtils.replaceAll(RegexpUtils.java:39)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.transformer.IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.escapeMantisString(IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.java:191)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.transformer.IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.transform(IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.java:76)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.transformer.IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.transform(IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.java:37)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.web.JdbcConnection.queryDb(JdbcConnection.java:164)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.web.JdbcConnection.queryDb(JdbcConnection.java:146)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.MantisDataBean.getIssuesIterator(MantisDataBean.java:81)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.importIssues(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:741)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.doImport(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:354)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:27)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:16)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:366)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:61)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.juc.MultiTenantExecutors$WrappedRunnable.run(MultiTenantExecutors.java:160)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:249)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
2013-04-22 18:07:23,115 INFO - No issues need to be reindexed.

No issue gets imported. I can guess that there is some text somewhere in mantis that doesn't suit the escaper, but I can't get further.

Any idea of where I can get more info ? A fix ?

Best,

-- Hugues

2 answers

0 votes
Yilin Atlassian Team Apr 23, 2013

Please be aware that : JIRA Importers plugin is compatible with Mantis versions 1.1.8 to 1.2.8.

You can go to the page "Administration >> Logging & Profiling " then add the package "com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer" with the debug level and enable the SQL dump log, try again to check whether you can get more information about the issue?

Also, I would like to encourage you open a support ticket that we can help you qucikly move forward.

Thanks Yilin,

My Mantis version is 1.2.8. Ticket is opened at support desk. I will keep you informed on what happens next.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Align

Best Practices in Jira Align

Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...

67 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you