Mantis 1.0.8 to Jira 5.2

Joshua Jacques February 11, 2014

Hello,

I recently inherited a Mantis 1.0.8 instance. This machine has no test or backup solution for it.

I have been asked to get a successful export of the tickets out of Mantis and put into our enterprise Jira instance. As of right now all I can get is access to the MySQL database.

We are on Jira 5.2, and the importer tool will not connect to Mantis version 1.0.8, it errors out when looking for a table that doesnt exist in 1.0.8

I found a post on what tables I would need to create to make 1.0.8 look like 1.1.8 (the oldest version Jira can connect to) -- would just creating those tables work for the import? More info here: http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4421

Or should I go the longer route of getting a test instance set up, import the database, and go through the upgrade process to get 1.0.8 to 1.1.8?

Thanks for reading!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

Hi Joshua,

Mantis Importer does various SQL queries against your database. If you can successfully add missing tables and columns, I think it should do the trick for your import (but I cannot guarantee that, as we have never tested it).

But look out to do not break your current mantis instance. I would advice you first to do the copy/duplicate/bakcup of your Mantis mysql database, add missing tables/columns and then try JIRA Importer.

Joshua Jacques February 11, 2014

Thanks Przemyslaw, thats what I was leaning towards trying. Thanks for the reply!

Suggest an answer