Manager approval on Issues in service desk

Hi All,

I am new to JIRA & creating a service desk project. what we are looking at is creating a workflow where if a user submits a issue it goes to his/her manager which is from Active director).

I am open to use a Add-On (paid or free). Please help.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards
SPTECH
Happy JIRAing

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We have this same problem: we want to implement a manager approval workflow in Service Desk.

We tried defining a custom Manager field and giving that user permission to edit issues so that they can transition the issue from Waiting for Manager status to Waiting for Support status and optionally indicate approval.

The problem is that Service Desk overrides issue permissions to prevent this use case.  It is not reasonable for us to  make all managers agents.  Does anyone have a suggestion for how to solve this use case in Service Desk?

Hello,
we're facing the same hurdle. Has anyone ever been able to solve this?

Best regards

Thomas

How did you guys end up addressing this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

13 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you