Making selected files the default for commit...

Also would like to have select all as default. I could not find a way to do this in your faq or online or in the menus...

2 answers

If you're using Mercurial, or you have 'Use the staging area' disabled in Preferences > Git, then actually the default behaviour is always to select all files when you hit Commit.

Hi Michael,

Currently if you highlight a bunch of files they will be selected when you hit "Commit". At the moment there is no default to select all, but there is a "Select All" checkbox below the file list in the commit window which you can use.

If you don't want to hit the "Select All" checkbox each time we could file an issue in our issue tracking system as a possible new feature?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

282 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot