Make "Released Version History" field visible

Nils Codes February 16, 2012

Dear all,

Is it possible to make the "Released Version History" Custom Field supplied by GreenHopper visible in any way? Although I know we can keep track of what the original planned version for a feature was, and which versions it moved through when using the Release Version button can be done by looking at the Issue Activty stream, but as I understood, the mentioned GreenHopper field contains this data at one glance.

I could not make the field visible by adding it to any Screens or Screen Schemes, so I'm wondering if I am missing something :)

Best regards

~ Nils

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nils Codes March 5, 2012

The answer from Atlassian is, that this is not possible right now. Someone will have to create a feature request for this to be possible. I wonder why, as it is no real big deal technically, because internally, the release version history is just a standard multi version field.

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support.

I have tested it and I'm sorry to tell you that this is not possible to show the Released Version History field in the issue screen.

However, if you would like to see this featured in future versions of GreenHopper you can open a new feature request ticket on jira.atlassian.com, or I can do it for you.

I recommend voting on this ticket and commenting with details on your use case. Customer feedback is one of the things that helps our developers decide what to work on next. I'd also suggest watching the issue so that you'll receive emails when the developers work on or comment on the issue, or when other users comment regarding workarounds.

0 votes
Maya S Chase
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2012

I tried it too, and I'm baffled. I manipulate screens and fields on almost a daily basis, so unless there's something about this field that would make it invisible to mere humans, I think it's a bug.

Suggest an answer