Make Grails 2.1.2 available in Bamboo EC2 image "V3 Default Image S3 i386 (linux) (stock image)"

Karsten Silz February 11, 2013

We use Bamboo to build a Grails app. Although we use the stock image V3 Default Image S3 i386 (linux) (stock image), it only has Grails 2.1.1 available. As a result, we're seeing these warnings in the build log:

{noformat}

build 12-Feb-2013 05:51:37 | NOTE: Your application currently expects grails version 2.1.2 , this target will upgrade it to Grails 2.1.1

{noformat}

How can we get newer Grails versions, like the 2.1.2 or 2.2.0, into our Bamboo builds?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support! I've put in a feature request to upgrade Grails to 2.2.0 for the stock images, you can find it here.

In the mean time you can install your own desired version of Grails onto an EBS volume! Simply create an EBS volume by following [these instructions]. As part of the Grails installation you will need to set the Path for Grails, you can do this by customizing /mnt/bamboo-ebs/bin/customise-extras.sh to set the path when it runs (which is during the instance startup).

Once you have installed and set up Grails on your EBS volume, you must add the Grails capability from the Image configuration. Go to Image Configurations and click on 'View Capabilities'. At the bottom you may add a new Capability and point it towards the location where you installed your own Grails configuration.

With the capability added your builds can now use your own Grails installation to build!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Ivan.

0 votes
Karsten Silz February 11, 2013

We deliberately avoided ESB so for due to the extra S3 cost. But without it, we're just stuck with whatever you put onto the stock images, correct?

Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2013

Yes that is correct! Unfortunately, I have no ETA when the stock images will be updated. You can keep an eye on the imporvement request to see when it will be updated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events