Main Class not found when running database access speed test

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Testing database access speed

Hi,

when trying to run the test from this article under Ubuntu i run into the following problem:

/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/java -cp /data/AS-4339/atlassian-log-analysis-0.1.1.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/lib/postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc4-atlassian-hosted.jar \
com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance \
jira asdfasdfasfas \
'jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jiradb' org.postgresql.Driver

when i run it i get 

Fehler: Hauptklasse com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance jira konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden

roughly translated:

Errror: Main class  com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance jira could not ne found or loaded

java seems to regard the parameter for the database user name as part of the classname (marked in bold).

how do i fix that?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2017

Okay sometimes you just have to replace the spaces you copied from atlassians article manually.

Pavol Sočuvka August 7, 2018

Please, would it be possible to elaborate a bit on this solution? I encounter the same error and I can't find the mistake when running this command. What spaces you mean? Thanks in advance.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2018

Hey, i dont remember exactly but i think it was the space after the last "e" here:

JIRASQLPerformance \
0 votes
sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2019

Hi,

For postgresql.Hope this will help someone.

java -cp ./atlassian-log-analysis-0.1.1.jar:/u0/tom/postgresql-9.4.1212.jar com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance user passwd 'jdbc:postgresql://xyz.com:5432/jira?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8' org.postgresql.Driver

Suggest an answer