Mail handlers - I want emails with the SAME subject line or REPLY email to make comments

Steve April 15, 2014

Every email that the mail handlers pick up Jira created a NEW issue.

I want emails on AME topic/thread/subject line to intially create issue then subsequent emails to add to the comments to that issue. With exception that reply emails start with [RE]: subject, these must be added as comments to the original issue.

I do not want to use the ISSUE KEY (ISSUE ID) as the email subject becuse our cusomers do not know the issue key.

How do I set up email handlers to do this?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2014

Sorry about the accepted answer thing, but you won't get one.

The standard email handlers require the issue key in the subject in order to be able to match the email to an issue.

If you want different behaviour, you need to find or write code to handle it. I'm pretty sure the JEMH plugin could do this, although you're still going to need to be able to form a logical rule to extract which issue a comment should go on.

See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

0 votes
Steve April 15, 2014

The accepted answer will be one that relies on config rather than coding workflow.

Thank you

Suggest an answer