Lost system Admin rights when using JIra with Crowd SSO

Marcelo Caldas January 9, 2013

The system is working perfectly for everything except Jira System Administrator's priviledges.

I have Jira (5.2) configured with SSO with Crowd (2.5.3) and the free plugin for IWA available on your site.

I have set up crowd directory to sync with my company's AD to provide IWA authentication for users (a requirement since we are PIV enabled here and very soon we'll loose access to our passwords)

the only problem I am having is that my user no longer has access to Jira System Administration issues even though I created a jira-system-administrator group on AD and assigned myself to it. I can validate that CROWD did the sync and shows both the group and myself as a member of that group.

My question is why I don't have access to system administrator functionality?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Hi, besides what Eddie said you'll need to confirm in JIRA what the groups have permissions on. There is a global permission setting in JIRA that defines what each group can do and perhaps this is set incorrectly.

0 votes
Marcelo Caldas January 14, 2013

thanks Eddie and Harry.. you're both right. While using Jira stand alone, the groups on the local jira "directory" was being used, even though the users were coming from AD. But when we plugged in Crowd, I could no longer add users to groups other than AD and I created the groups with slight different names on AD, causing all the trouble.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events