Lost system Admin rights when using JIra with Crowd SSO

The system is working perfectly for everything except Jira System Administrator's priviledges.

I have Jira (5.2) configured with SSO with Crowd (2.5.3) and the free plugin for IWA available on your site.

I have set up crowd directory to sync with my company's AD to provide IWA authentication for users (a requirement since we are PIV enabled here and very soon we'll loose access to our passwords)

the only problem I am having is that my user no longer has access to Jira System Administration issues even though I created a jira-system-administrator group on AD and assigned myself to it. I can validate that CROWD did the sync and shows both the group and myself as a member of that group.

My question is why I don't have access to system administrator functionality?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi, besides what Eddie said you'll need to confirm in JIRA what the groups have permissions on. There is a global permission setting in JIRA that defines what each group can do and perhaps this is set incorrectly.

thanks Eddie and Harry.. you're both right. While using Jira stand alone, the groups on the local jira "directory" was being used, even though the users were coming from AD. But when we plugged in Crowd, I could no longer add users to groups other than AD and I created the groups with slight different names on AD, causing all the trouble.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

77 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you