Looking for how to implement these 2 features using the Script Runner plugin

Fringe Technology September 11, 2013

It is mentioned on the Script Runner Marketplace page, the ability to 'Automatically add watchers' and also 'Sending a custom email on a transition'. These 2 I would like to try, but would appreciate if you someone can point me to which part of the docs I should review on how to implement these? Possibly I am just not finding it in the documenation link that is provided, Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Hi Shari... thanks for your review. Should have known there's no such thing as a free lunch ;-)

The built-in script add watcher simply adds the current user to comment or do a transition as a watcher. This is pretty much superfluous now as since it was written, jira by default adds any participant as a watcher.

If you want to add someone other than the current user, create a script file with the contents:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.watchers.WatcherManager

def watcherManager = ComponentAccessor.getWatcherManager()
def user = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUser("someuser")
watcherManager.startWatching(user, issue)

And create a post-function or listener (Scripted function from the list) and point to this file.

Sending a mail with a custom template is described here: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Sendacustomemail

0 votes
Fringe Technology September 11, 2013

In regards to the WATCHER portion of this question, I did find this in another ANSWERS post, but I am not sure about where exactly to save the file, and if it should jsut be a text file with .groovy as the extension ? Also, if this has been used with the Script Runner plugin.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95087/how-do-i-add-a-specific-user-as-a-watcher-using-script-runner

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Save it anywhere... yes just plain text with .groovy extention.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events