Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Sourcetree from current directory location in terminal

Greg Kerstin October 2, 2012

I'm frequently in the git repo I'm working with inside the terminal. I'd like to open an instance of Sourcetree from the terminal window. Is there a command I can run, either if it's a new repo that hasn't opened inside of Sourcetree as of yet, or opening a project thats already bookmarked?

The start of my troubles lies here

$sourcetree ./

bash: sourcetree: command not found

-Greg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 2, 2012

Try here:

Then type stree at the command line.

My menu shows differently

I found a 1.5.4 download right now. I'm upgrading versions and will mark solved if this helps.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 2, 2012
It looks like you we're using a different v1.5.3 to me. Different menus & different open source libraries included. It's ashame that the exact build number isn't displayed in the "About" dialog.

I mostly have been using the app store version of Source tree. When I grabbed the web site version, I got the additional menu items.

Will Moore October 10, 2015

Any way to manually install this (i.e. something to add to path our source from our bashrc / bash_profile)? The menu option to "install command line tools" fails for me: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/30955938/sourcetree-install-command-line-tools-fails-on-yosemite-version-10.10.5

k06a November 24, 2015
0 votes

I can't find the menu option SourceTree > Install Command Line Tools I'm using 1.5.3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events