Linking different parts of a single image to different pages

Eric Pili January 9, 2014

Hi,

We are currently using Confluence to house our internal documentation for processes and applications. Once of the challenges we have recently come across is that we would like to display workflows in our confluence documentation. Additionally we would like to set up the confluence page so that if a user clicks on a particular part of the workflow, it takes them to a more details explanation of the workflow (so a drill down). I found an add on called Gliffy that will allow us to create the workflows or we can just copy and paste them in from Visio, but both of those solutions make the workflow a single image, which can only link to one page.

Has anyone figured out a way to create bitmaps in Confluence so that pages can be linked to different areas? Additional if there is an add one that lets us do what we need, that will work too. I am open to any suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

How to add links to graphviz images is one way using Graphviz Plugin for Confluence. For general pictures and images, I use to use ImageMap plugin although that appears to be out of date now. I don't know if Gliffy has linking support, but I would ask them.

Eric Pili January 15, 2014

I also found a plug in called "Creatively" that seems to do this pretty well. It isn't perfect, but the best i have found so far.

Thanks for the link Bob, they pointed me in the right direction

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events