Labels no longer are displayed in the project to be allowed to be edited or viewed

Sunny Randhawa August 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Browsing a Project's Labels

Labels no longer are displayed in the project to be allowed to be edited or viewed. The link in the help is no longer relevant. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira061/jira-user-s-guide/browsing-a-project/browsing-a-project-s-labels 

when selecting a project it does not show the labels link on the left side bar.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

It's still valid for 6.1.  Changed in later versions, I'd take a look at the docs for the later versions.

Scott Soltero September 30, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I've searched through documentation for versions 6.2-6.4 and cannot locate any information regarding how or where to edit a projects existing labels. 

You wouldn't happen to know if/where I might locate said information, would you? Im open to get assistance from any persons who are able to help. wink

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2016

Labels don't belong to projects, they go on issues.  So the only real native way to "edit a project's labels" is to filter for "project = X", display the labels in the result and work through changing the ones you need to change.

I think there are some add-ons that might help you in the marketplace, but I've not looked recently.

Scott Soltero September 30, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thanks for the info. I figured that the "Labels" page per project was no longer an option. Thanks for the tip. It sounds like the most straight forward workaround. smile

Suggest an answer