Labels gadget is broken for me

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

I just added a Labels gadget for the first time to try it out. (Using JIRA 5.1.3 on IE9, Windows 7). The labels are all getting displayed on top of each other. (see screenshot.) What's wrong?

UPDATE: I tried it on Firefox and it is working fine there. Apparently it must be an IE-specific bug. Unfortunately all our users are using IE9, so Firefox is not an acceptable workaround. Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Have you tried updating Jira? With 5.1.4 we don't have this problem. Otherwise you could try setting IE to compatibilty view, maybe that solves the issue.

As a last resort you can try the old "clear plugin cache" routine (I don't exactly know if the gadget is treated as plugin):

1. Shutdown JIRA.
  2. Remove the following folders:

$JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins

(info) These folders will be automatically rebuilt when JIRA is restarted.

3. Start JIRA.

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

I tried compatibility view and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I cleared the plugin cache as you instructed, but still no joy.

I would prefer to postpone a JIRA upgrade as some of my other plugins only claim compatibility up through 5.1.3. (I should probably set up a separate dev/test version of JIRA for stuff like this, huh?)

Thanks anyway.

Suggest an answer