Jython Script Runner is breaking since JIRA 7 Upgrade

Charles Wernlund January 12, 2016

It looks like the Jython Script Runner is breaking since the JIRA 7 upgrade as even on a blank script, it shoots back the following error message: 'com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager' object has no attribute 'getJiraAuthenticationContext' - Any advice?

2 answers

0 votes
Charles Wernlund June 28, 2016

Hey Marek,

As I recall, I had to completely remove the Jython Runner Plugin from JIRA (uninstall from admin AND go into the file system to remove the jython folders and files). It seemed like there were weird permission errors happening from the upgrade regarding that plugin.

Hope that helps,
Charles 

Marek M June 28, 2016

Hi,

Actually, I found out that ComponentManager.getCustomFieldManager() method was deprecated and ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager() should be used instead of it.

I had to re-write my scripts a bit, but it finally works just fine smile

Sorry to bother you after few months wink

Charles Wernlund June 28, 2016

No worries, I like to see communication about this stuff! smile

0 votes
Marek M June 28, 2016

Hi Charles, have you found any solution for that?

After the upgrade I am getting the error:

<module> cfm = ComponentManager.getInstance().getCustomFieldManager() AttributeError: 'com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager' object has no attribute 'getCustomFieldManager'

from scripts that were running fine on JIRA 6.2 sad

Valerio Minetti July 15, 2016

Hi, you should use ComponentAccessor instead, see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/component/ComponentAccessor.html

Btw i've finally solved ( hopefully ) my problems with jss after upgrading from JIRA 6.x to JIRA 7.x.

it seems in fact that upgrade functions are bugged and even disinstalling jss does not work ( maybe because of some kind of configuration left on JIRA database i guess ).

in my case that lead into having old content of 

/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/jss/jython

not updated, and also jython_2.5.2 deleted if i used "reinstall Everyting" from JSS installer menu.

to sum up, i had to 

• uninstall jss plugin and install your new version.
  • check if  jython_2.5.2 was populated ( if not use a copy from your old installation )
  • check python files in 
    /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/jss/jython

if they still import componentManager they are 6.x ones.

• eventually remove all old content of jython folder and replace it with the content of jss_base_scripts.zip contained into jss jar file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events