Just updated to 4.2.3 and users r not able to update existing documents with wiki

Elaine Gamble August 7, 2012

You can create a new docuemnt with wiki, but you cannot update doucments you already have out there with wiki - any suggestions? My developers are going mad!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Ternus August 8, 2012

Thanks for the explanation - that makes sense. Can you explain what you mean by a 'macro browser aware wiki macro'? Does this mean that we will be able to insert wiki into the Editor directly instead of having to use the Insert > Wiki Markup option?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Yes. An xhtml version of a macro similar to the wiki macro.

0 votes
Andrew Morin August 9, 2012

I know when I went from 3.5 to 4.0 I had to rerun some migrations...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migration+from+Wiki+Markup+to+XHTML-Based+Storage+Format

0 votes
Emily Ternus August 8, 2012

HI Bob,

I work with Elaine and am researching this issue as well. I found this note on the release notes of 4.2:

Mouse-free macros, links and images:
This is one for wiki markup fans! Now you can add macros, links and images by wiki markup alone. Type the macro, including its parameters and the closing curly bracket. Add a link, such as an anchor link, and end it with a square bracket. Insert an image or other embedded object, enclosed between exclamation marks. As soon as you close the macro, link, or embedded image, Confluence will convert it to rich text format and add it to the page

I watched the video and did what they demonstrated and it did not work in my page. It basically recognized it as plain text and did not respect the wiki controls. Do I need a plugin to make it recognize wiki when simply typed into the editor? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Emily

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

You must use insert wiki markup to use the wiki macro at the moment. The next release will also have a macro browser aware wiki macro.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2012

Upgrading to Confluence 4.x means you intended to move away from wiki markup in favor of the new editor and corresponding storage format. Confluence Wiki Plugin might help ease some of the pain.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events