Just starting with JIRA and Greenhopper - create GH board failing

Mark Stuart October 24, 2012

I am just setting up JIRA and GH for my team and have customised things like priority field, added severity custom field for bugs, and a few custom roles. Nothing major.

When I came to creating the Scrum board with GH, it does not seem to want to create it. Here is the sequence of interactions I make:

1. Agile > Manage Boards

2. Create new board

3. Select "Scrum"

4. Enter board name and select my newly created JIRA project

5. Then click "Create" and nothing happens except the form fields are shifted down by one line (space added indicated by yellow marker)

Has anyone encountered this or know why it may be happening?

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Hi Mark,

I believe the reason why you can't create any board is because of your Global Permission scheme. In order to create any board, you need to grant Create Shared Objects from the Global Permission page, by adding any group you belong to such as administrators group.

Please try it out and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Omar

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

Thanks Mark, we'll attend to it shortly.

Regards,

Omar

0 votes

Done. The support ticket is JST-48957

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2012

Hi Mark,

Indeed, I have replicated this in your instance . Can you please raise this up in our support portal under Atlassian OnDemand. I'll assigne it to my self accordingly.

Kind regards,

Omar

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2012

Hi Mark,

Before you intend to post any issues into our support portal, you need first to sign up for a new accout from this link: https://support.atlassian.com/secure/Signup!default.jspa

Cheers,

0 votes

Hi Omar,

Good to hear you have replicated the problem. Neither my my.atlassian or my JIRA instance login credentials seem to be getting me into support.atlassian.com -- please advise.

0 votes

Hi Omar,

Many thanks for taking a look. The instance URL

https://aframe.atlassian.net

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2012

Hi Mark,

Thanks for raising this up, what's your instance URL? I'd like to look at it further.

Regards,

Omar - Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events