Jira startup issue slow

VenugopalY December 13, 2012

1. Jira startup is very slow. Startup takes more than 20 min? seen lot of java messages. Please find the support.zip for debug purpose.

Below are available Java options (default)

-Dcatalina.base=D: Program Files Atlassian JIRA

-Dcatalina.home=D: Program Files Atlassian JIRA

-Djava.endorsed.dirs=D: Program Files Atlassian JIRA endorsed

-Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true

-Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true

-Djava.io.tmpdir=D: Program Files Atlassian JIRA temp

-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager

-Djava.util.logging.config.file=D: Program Files Atlassian JIRA conf logging.properties

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

2. Why i see warinig message(WARN anonymous) when AD user login to JIRA system as anonymous?

12-14 01:04:25,215 http-bio-8080-exec-24 WARN anonymous 64x2796x1 18w6qah 10.90.26.121 /rest/gadget/1.0/login directory.ldap.mapper.UserContextMapper Failed to map attribute <usnchanged> from context with DN <cn=shirish gupta,ou="IB,ou=Active,ou=User" accounts,dc="rambus,dc=com">

lang.NullPointerException

2 answers

0 votes
Azimir Hotic July 9, 2018

I am having the same issue. Every time a restart JIRA or stop and start the JIRA service it takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes for it to come up to the login page. I don't see any error MSG's in the logs anywhere.  I tried removing all the Plug-ins and rebooting jir and it came up within a few minutes. Thinking it could be a resource issue i gave it 16GB of memory as well but that did not do it.  

I would like to know if there is a way to speed up the startup of JIRA as it is very time-consuming. 

Azimir Hotic July 9, 2018

am using a MySQL DB could that have something to do with it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2012

We don't have your support.zip, you're going to have to tell us what the errors are.

Similarly for the LDAP error, there's not enough here to work with - lang.NullPointerException is a very generic error, could be anything!

Suggest an answer