Jira script runner check a custom field then edit another?

Lewis Marsh August 3, 2017

Hi,

I'm currently trying to make a script to no avail.

I have two custom fields one called "Resolution level" and the other "Resolved by".
I need a way for when a ticket transitions from "open" to "resolved", it checks the resolution level and if its "None" it sets the "Resolved by" field to be empty.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

This needs a little clarification:

When you say "from "open" to "resolved"" - I assume you want a post-function script? (it's the most simple approach for this, as it'll just need an "if/then set field" block of code)

Is the resolution level a select list?  If so, is this "none" JIRA's display for "empty", or is it an option in your list?

Is "Resolved by" a user-picker field or text? 

Hi Nic,

Resolution level is a select list, it goes from "None" then "1" "2" "3".

Resolved by is a custom field User Picker (single user).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Sorry, I was not clear on how to answer the first one - is "none" an option you've added or is it the system "none"?  If you go to edit the list of options, do you only see 1, 2 and 3 as options?

Hi Nic,

I see "None" as an option, I believe it is an option we added.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events