Jira migration from OnDemand to standalone

I want migrate from OnDemand to standalone instalation.

My OnDemand version is 6.0-OD-02. I followed instructions, made a backup, downloaded and installed JIRA 5.2.2, and on Step 2 i had error:

I also tryed with versions 5.2.1, 5.2.3., 5.2.4 and 6.0-m02.

Could your pls help me, I wanna migrate to standalone instalation.

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi Oleg,

Timothy is correct, if you check out the instructions online, you can see that it specifies this must be done during the initial setup wizard. Also, if that is what you're doing make sure to follow the instructions in the error message to "click here" to proceed anyway.

Thanks Dave.

I made a mistake in the translation.

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jan 13, 2013

What you need to do if i'm not mistaken is to actually restore when you're setting a fresh JIRA instance. This means setting up a new JIRA and restoring then.

0 vote

Hey Oleg,

In fact, there is a KB related to this specific problem, you can see it here:

I also created a feature request to avoid this problem in the future, here you can see it. If possible, please vote on it, so we can avoid this kind of problem in the future. :)

Hope that information helps.

This KB is unrelated - it is for importing a Project only, and is a different process.

Just to give an updated answer on this subject: the whole migration from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server is documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

285 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot