Jira migration from OnDemand to standalone

Oleg - January 13, 2013

I want migrate from OnDemand to standalone instalation.

My OnDemand version is 6.0-OD-02. I followed instructions, made a backup, downloaded and installed JIRA 5.2.2, and on Step 2 i had error:

I also tryed with versions 5.2.1, 5.2.3., 5.2.4 and 6.0-m02.

Could your pls help me, I wanna migrate to standalone instalation.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2013

Hi Oleg,

Timothy is correct, if you check out the instructions online, you can see that it specifies this must be done during the initial setup wizard. Also, if that is what you're doing make sure to follow the instructions in the error message to "click here" to proceed anyway.

Thanks,

-dave

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013
Oleg - January 13, 2013

Thanks Dave.

I made a mistake in the translation.

0 votes
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2014

Just to give an updated answer on this subject: the whole migration from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server is documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server

Cheers,
Felipe

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2013

Hey Oleg,

In fact, there is a KB related to this specific problem, you can see it here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Importing+a+Project+from+JIRA+OnDemand+Backup+to+JIRA+Standalone+Edition+Fails+due+to+Newer+Version

I also created a feature request to avoid this problem in the future, here you can see it. If possible, please vote on it, so we can avoid this kind of problem in the future. :)

Hope that information helps.

Cheers,

Dave
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2013

This KB is unrelated - it is for importing a Project only, and is a different process.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

What you need to do if i'm not mistaken is to actually restore when you're setting a fresh JIRA instance. This means setting up a new JIRA and restoring then.

Suggest an answer